SANE on Windows
The port has been integrated in the CVS tree on september 23rd, 2003. It will be available in SANE release 1.0.13.
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
This patch provides a mean to run a SANE backend on a windows machine.
How to use it:
- install cygwin (http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/)
- download sane-backends-1.0.12.tar.gz
- apply the patch
- read README.windows for compile instructions
- run "scanimage > out.pnm" to get a scan.
- Works on w2k. Should also work on NT4 and XP. May or may not work on windows 95/98/ME.
- no support for anything else than scanimage.
- no support for USB/FireWire/Parallel port scanners. Only SCSI.
- supports shared and static libraries.
- automatic detection of SCSI devices.
- port xscanimage (was done, needs to be redone) and adapt XSane.